October 22, 2010

An Ode to Relationship

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 (NKJV)
9 Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
10 For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
11 Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.


I take a moment this evening to rejoice in the blessings of fellowship & friendship. In my time of need I knew what it was to be alone, because I had failed to tend the garden of my friendships. As old friendships have come to new life over the last few years, and as new friendships have taken root, I have known what it is to be held, and the wisdom of the preceding verses rings deep and true.

In my youth I took many of the Lord's gentle wisdoms lightly. In the storms that have followed I have learned that my Father's sweet whispers were and are just as substantial and imperative as His thundering proclamations and piercing convictions.

~

I often wonder why my kids don't listen & obey before I get to yelling. But wow have I been guilty of the very same with You Dad! Please! Mould me to be a more attentive listener, that I might obey before I get hurt.

Change my heart to honor our relationship; to trust and obey Your word, even when I don't understand, out of knowing and loving You.

I love You Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment